SUPERINTENDENT – GENERAL MAINTENANCE AND ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS
Closing date: 19 August 2019 (No applications received after 13h00 will be accepted)
- Minimum Matric and Diploma/Certificate in fields mentioned below
2. Driver’s Code 08 B
3. Computer literate (MS Office and Outlook)
4. Minimum 5 years’ experience in general maintenance work, management of
maintenance staff and environmental work or game management
5. Good knowledge & understanding of environmental issues such as fauna and flora
6. Experience on a nature reserve or eco estate is preferred
7. Experience working on an estate and dealing with general maintenance
8. Ability to communicate in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
9. Budget planning for maintenance work and local projects
Note: As the position is on a farm traveling will be required and no accommodation or
transport is provided
Key Performance Areas
- Plan, coordinate and execute short-term maintenance schedule and activities within the
parameters of the Estate’s Management Plan
2. Plan, coordinate and execute the environmental and game related policies, schedules
and activities within the parameters of the Estate’s Management Plan.
3. Provide proposals and key input to the various fields of responsibility.
4. Manage maintenance staff and evaluate work standards and performance
- Competitive Salary will be offered – candidate to provide required salary with application
2. This may be reviewed after the three months’ probation period
3. A performance bonus system is in place
- Shortlisted and invited candidates will be required to undergo a psychometric
assessment, provide police clearance and a credit check
2. Applications in writing and accompanied by a comprehensive CV, which will be regarded
as confidential, must be directed to: Springerbaai Home Owners Association P O Box
11293, Heiderand, 6511 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. These conditions are compulsory and failing to comply will automatically lead to
disqualification of the applicant.
4. Original Certified copies of proof of qualifications should accompany the CV.
5. Electronic applications will be accepted at email@example.com
6. For equity purposes please indicate your race, gender and disability status.